- by Ted Roberts
If you are suffering from tinnitus, you want an effective, ringing-in-the-ears treatment. Doesn’t it sound great to be free of the noise in your head? While modern medicine has not produced a cure for tinnitus, there is a treatment you can perform yourself to alleviate your symptoms and possibly eliminate them for good.
Tinnitus Causes and Treatment
Over 50 million adults are diagnosed with tinnitus in the United States, making it a very common affliction. There are a variety of things that can cause ringing, clicking, hissing or roaring in ones’ ears. What all tinnitus sufferers have in common, is inner ear damage.
The delicate hairs in our inner ear respond to the pressure of sound waves and send a signal to the brain via the auditory nerve. The brain processes this signal to tell us what we are hearing. If these tiny hairs sustain damage, they will send random signals to the brain. These random signals cause the noises you hear in your head.
The main causes of tinnitus are:
- Extremely Loud Noise – when the ears are exposed to deafening noise for a prolonged period of time, this can damage the inner ear. This is the most common reason people under the age of forty are diagnosed with what is known as pulsatile tinnitus.
- Hearing Loss – tinnitus does not cause hearing loss; it is a symptom of it. Loss of hearing can be a result of natural aging, loud noises, high blood pressure, a head injury or even some medications.
- Medical Conditions – high blood pressure, an ear infection, excessive ear wax, anemia or even migraine headaches have all been known to cause pulsatile tinnitus. Medication for some of these disorders can get rid of tinnitus symptoms.
- Medications – Aspirin has long been known to worsen the symptoms of tinnitus. Anti-inflammatory drugs can also cause inner ear damage. Some anti-depressants have been linked to tinnitus, too.
The treatment for pulsatile tinnitus is not a miracle pill that will make the ringing stop. If your condition cannot be helped by a change in medication, then modern medicine offers very few options for tinnitus suffers.
Typical treatment for tinnitus from a doctor can include:
- Removing excessive earwax and/or prescribing antibiotics for an ear infection.
- Hearing aids can be ordered for those who are basically deaf otherwise, except for the ringing in their ears.
- A prescription for anti-anxiety medication or an anti-depressant. This is usually prescribed to help people deal with their tinnitus and does nothing much to alleviate it. Some antidepressants can worsen the ringing in your ears, too.
Why not treat yourself?
The only pulsatile tinnitus treatment you will ever need can be self-administered, at home. In the book Tinnitus Miracle™, author Thomas Coleman details how he took control of his own treatment and successfully stopped the ringing in his ears. His simple plan involved some lifestyle changes, and the use of herbs and supplements.
Changing your lifestyle means changing your environment. Avoid loud noise at home, at work or in public whenever possible. Invest in a pair of high quality, well fitting earplugs for when you must be exposed to loud noise.
You can treat your tinnitus by treating your body better. Avoid stimulants like caffeine, limit alcohol consumption and maintain a healthy weight with regular exercise and a healthier diet. Sodium, caffeine and the food additive MSG have all been linked to aggravating tinnitus.
Make your lifestyle more stress free by learning how to meditate, doing yoga or Tai Chi and practice deep even breathing. Reducing stress will calm your body and possibly the ringing in your ears.
Finally, learn about the natural healing powers of herbs and supplements like ginko biloba, black cohosh, zinc, B-vitamins, coffee crudea and melatonin. Clinical studies and anecdotal evidence have shown all of these supplements and herbs to have a significant impact on tinnitus symptoms. While they are not a cure, these natural substances are showing to be a very effective part of pulsatile tinnitus treatment.
By following a natural treatment, as prescribed by Tinnitus Miracle™, you can be rid of Tinnitus once and for all. Best part about it, you are healing your body naturally and holistically. That means no side-effects, no expensive medications, and no more doctors visits.